dissabte, 7 de març del 2009

WEB QUEST FOR 4TH ESO STUDENTS

THE WINNER TAKES IT ALL

by ABBA


I don't wanna talk

About the things we (1)………..through
Though it's hurting me
Now it's history
I (2)………. all my cards
And that's what you've done too

Nothing more to say
No more ace to play

The winner takes it all
The loser standing small
Beside the victory
That's her destiny

I (3) ……… in your arms
Thinking I belonged there
I (4) ………. it made sense

Building me a fence
Building me a home
Thinking I'd be strong there
But I was a fool
Playing by the rules


The gods may throw a dice
Their minds as cold as ice

And someone way down here
(5) ………. someone dear
The winner takes it all

The loser has to fall
It's simple and it's plain
Why should I complain.


But tell me does she kiss
Like I (6) ………kiss you?
Does it feel the same

When she calls your name?
Somewhere deep inside
You must know I miss you
But what can I (7) ……….
Rules must be obeyed


The judges will (8) ………
The likes of me abide
Spectators of the show
Always staying low

The game is on again
A lover or a (9) ……….
A big thing or a small
The winner takes it all

I don't wanna talk
If it makes you feel sad
And I understand

You've come to shake my hand
I apologize
If it makes you feel (10) ……….
Seeing me so tense
No self-confidence
But you see
The winner takes it all
The winner takes it all......


http://www.goear.com/listen.php?v=ee205c1

1. Students X X X X complete the lyrics with the words given below:

1. was

2. Loses

3. friend

4.’ve played

5. figured

6. decide

7. used to

8. bad

9.’ve gone

10. say

2. Students X X give the definitions of these words:

- cards .................................................................................................................................
- dice .................................................................................................................................
- miss .................................................................................................................................
- judges ...............................................................................................................................
- game .................................................................................................................................

3. Speaking (in pairs) One student X X X X describes what he/she thinks the subject is in the song and the other agrees or disagrees with him/her.

4. Read the text. Students X X answer the questions. Students X X underline the words they do not understand and ask their classmates about their meaning.




BRAD and JENNIFER


BORN? ................................................................
PARENTS ACTORS? ................................................................
FIRST ROLE? ................................ ................................
PREVIOUS RELATIONSHIP?.............................................................
GOT MARRIED? ................................................................